You usually spend a lot of money and time on deciding how to build your business and who to hire. We often overlook the physical aspect of our workspace. Interior design in an office is a wise and important investment, and it can make your office a more productive environment. Here are 6 important concepts of interior design to remember when looking for a new office design:
- Fit: Designing your office can be quite like a puzzle. Before you get into the design elements, think about the needs of your business and your employees. At the end of the day, you would want a good fit, keeping a balance between individual and communal space. Also, design it in such a way that it has flexibility for expansion.
- Color: When it comes to walls, you can go for pale blue because it improves focus. You can splash a single wall with a pop of color such as orange or red. These two colors will keep the energy high around the office. Hanging art on the walls that can speak to your business and your employees is another great idea.
- Breathe: Your employees need some room for breathing, so don’t forget to add that. Give them enough to move around easily. If you are looking for a clutter-free space, adding shelves, baskets and cabinets can work quite well. Bringing in plants to the office space will add a fresh touch to the whole space.
- Easy to Work and Move: Since it’s a workspace, design it in such a way that people can actually work together. Put down benches in corners for casual or unprepared meetings. A kitchen area is necessary and so is a social space like a café.
- Light: Natural light has the power to keep people more productive and alert. Cut down the energy costs of indoor lighting and go for skylights, glass divisions and windows instead. Try making the most of the sun.
- Brand: Just like your website, the way your office looks is important for establishing your company’s identity. Spend time thinking about the wallpapers, colors and other décor items that best represent your brand. The visual statement your office space makes can impact not only your employees but all the visitors as well.
- Lighting – lighting is very important in order to create the right ambiance in the office. Scentsy wickless candles are a fantastic way of achieving this (find a local scentsy consultant here).
As long as you keep these simple tips in mind, you can quite easily give your office space a makeover it needs. Interior design is not just for homes, it matters as much for offices. Your employees will be more productive when they work at a visually good looking space.